Allergen-Friendly Mini Quiches Recipe – They’re “Eggstraordinary”!
“Eggstraordinary” Allergen-Friendly Mini Quiches
What is so extraordinary about this quiche? For one, it’s allergen friendly. It’s also dairy-free, nut-free, and has the option to use gluten-free crusts. Allergen-Friendly Mini Quiches are also wonderful because you can switch-up the herbs, the type of cheese, and many other ingredients to achieve different flavor profiles. Use this recipe to prepare an eggstraordinary breakfast, snack or brunch item.
- 1 12-oz bottle JUST Egg (or vegan substitute)
- 2 Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausages (or vegan substitute)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced small (or 1 T chopped dried chives)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t dried thyme (or 1 T fresh)
- 1/2 t dried sage
- 1 cup Creamy Original Chao Slices, grated (or your preferred vegan cheese product)
For the Optional Crust
- Phyllo or pie dough (optional; use gluten-free/vegan variety if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble or chop the sausages into small pieces, then brown in a frying pan.
- Grate the cheese.
- Dice the onion (if using) and bell pepper.
Note: See adjusted baking times below for making a full size quiche or for a mini muffin pan.
Make the Crusts (optional)
- If you’d like to include a crust, layer 6 sheets of premade phyllo dough or roll out a basic pie crust to 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut the crusts into rounds with a 3 1/2 – 4-inch circle cookie cutter and fit them into the muffin tin, crimping the edges to fit.
- If using phyllo dough, proceed to the next step of the recipe.
- If using basic pie crust, put a paper or foil muffin tin liner on top of each cup of dough and fill the papers with a few pie weights or dried beans.
- Parbake the crusts for 10 minutes, then remove the muffin papers and let them cool briefly before pouring in the quiche mixture.
Prepare the Filling
Combine the crumbled Field Roast sausages, onions, bell pepper, salt, pepper, thyme, sage and 3/4 cup of the shredded Chao cheese in a medium bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
Fill the Muffin Tins
- Fill each muffin cup 1/2 way with the filling mixture.
- Shake the bottle of JUST Egg well, then pour it over the fillings in each muffin cup until just over 3/4 of the way full. It will puff up only slightly when baked.
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with the reserved 1/4 cup of shredded Chao cheese.
Bake Until Set
Bake for about 30 minutes, or until set (no longer liquid in the center) and the edges are golden brown. Remove Allergen-Friendly Mini Quiches from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the quiches from the muffin tin and serve warm, garnished with chopped walnuts and a sprig of fresh thyme.
Note: If you’d like to make these in a mini muffin pan, reduce the baking time to 18 minutes. If making a full-sized quiche in a pie pan, increase baking time to 45-50 minutes, until the quiche is fully set in the middle; you may want to use a crust protector.
Join us as we REVITALIZE OUR HEALTH this fall with our 60 day reset program! It is well known that a healthy lifestyle is the key to achieving our goals! The question is HOW do we achieve this and HOW do we maintain our healthy lifestyle in a very modern world? Developed by the nation’s leading functional and lifestyle medicine doctors this 60-day fall reset will transform the foundation to your health! During our 60 day program you will receive continuous practical modules along with virtual health coaching from the Pure Center of Health’s leading health coach Kristen Stensland. Kristen will come along side you in a step by step process to revitalize your health!
Here is what you can do to take the next steps: If you want more detailed information you can click the following link for all the nuts and bolts! https://purehomeopathy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PCH-Guide-60-Day.pdf.
You can schedule a complementary consult with Kristen herself to learn more. Click here to schedule that free call! https://calendly.com/purecenterofhealth/health_coaching?month=2021-07
You can sign up right now on this page!
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm