Creamy Spreadable Vegan Butter
Creamy, Spreadable Vegan Butter
Look no further for homemade creamy spreadable vegan butter. This recipe is not only a great store-bought alternative, it is better for you because it does not contain palm oil, emulsifiers, and preservatives. You won’t believe how this easily spreadable vegan butter melts, just like regular butter and tastes so good.
Servings: 48 tsp. (2 regular butter sticks)
Calories: 62 kcal
Prep Time 10 mins – Total Time 10 mins
- 8 Tbsp. almond flour
- 10 Tbsp. unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. avocado oil (or pure olive oil)*
- 1 cup refined coconut oil, melted**
- Add the almond flour, cashew milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and vinegar into a blender and blend until smooth. The mixture should be completely smooth without any grainy bits.
- Pour in the refined coconut oil and avocado oil then blend on full speed until velvety smooth and light. Blend the mixture for at least 2 minutes so a lot of air gets in.
- Pour the vegan butter into an old-fashioned butter mold or silicone molds. Place it in the fridge and let it set. Depending on the size of your container, it might take several hours for the butter to solidify.
- You can use this vegan butter just like you would regular butter. However, we don’t recommend using it when high temperatures are involved. This includes frying, broiling, and grilling.
- Store leftover butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (The shelf-life will be shorter if using homemade almond milk. The butter will last for however long your homemade milk lasts). For longer-term storage, freeze the butter in silicone ice cube trays. Once set, squeeze the butter cubes out and keep them in a sealed freezer bag for up to three months.
*If you want to use olive oil, avoid using extra virgin olive oil as it can turn bitter when blended. Pure olive oil is a much better choice.
**Make sure you use refined coconut oil. Unrefined coconut oil has a coconut flavor.
Want to take control of your health? It all starts HERE!
Everyone knows that a healthy lifestyle is the key to a solid immune system, but how do we achieve that? Developed by the nation’s leading functional and lifestyle medicine doctors this 60-day online curriculum will restore a weakened immune system and strengthen your ability to ward off the Coronavirus. Over the course of the next 60 days you will receive continuous practical modules along with virtual health coaching from the Pure Center of Health’s leading health coach Kristen Stensland. Kristen will come along side you in a step by step process to strengthen your immune system so that you are able to maintain your health during these uncertain times.
Come view the Jump Smart program and take control of your health, today!
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm