Celery and Kale Soup Recipe
Celery and Kale Soup
Flavor and nutrition galore are packed into this wonderful Celery and Kale Soup Recipe. Prepare with or without chicken, using vegetable or chicken broth. Serve with a hearty, crusty bread for dipping your favorite breadstick. Great for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer on a chilly day.
Celery as a Medicinal Food:
As a medicinal food, celery is an excellent choice to include during fasting. All parts of celery–seed, leaves, stalk, and the taproot– have medicinal value. The plant compounds in celery act as a nervine (calming agent) which helps in relaxing the organs of digestion and elimination, has diuretic effects, and acts as a tonic. Read More…
Prep: 15 mins Cook: 35 mins Total: 50 mins
Servings: 6 Yield: 6 servings
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, or as needed
- 1 large onion, diced 5 carrots, sliced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 oz) container chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 cup chopped kale, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or to taste
Poultry Option: Add seasoned, precooked (grilled or boiled) chicken breast in the last minutes of cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir onion, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper in the hot oil until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir garlic into vegetable mixture and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir chicken (or vegetable stock), black beans, and 1/2 can cannellini beans into vegetable mixture, then…
- Blend remaining 1/2 can cannellini beans in a food processor or blender until smooth and stir into vegetable mixture. Add kale and apple cider vinegar to vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat then simmer until flavors have blended, 20 to 30 minutes.
We hope you find joy in this amazing Celery and Kale Soup Recipe this winter!!
Love this blog? Check out Celery Brings a Crisp, Strong Flavor to Meals next!
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm