Artichoke Pizza on Fathead Dough – Recipe
Artichoke Pizza on Fathead Dough
If you haven’t tried it before, artichoke pizza is a culinary must! This recipe is easy to follow and can be made on your favorite pizza dough. If you don’t have a favorite yet, feel free to try this 20-minute fathead dough recipe. It tastes great with artichoke, or it can be used later with your favorite pizza toppings.
Prep: 35 Min. Cook: 22-25 Min. Rest Time: 30 Min. Total: 1 Hr. 20 Min. Servings: 8
Artichoke Pizza Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Fathead Dough Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 2 large eggs (whisked)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
Additional Toppings to Serve
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
Artichoke Pizza Instructions
- Place the ingredients for the marinade in 1 bowl, mix well, taste, and adjust the seasoning if needed. Place the artichoke slices in the bowl and toss them gently in the marinade. Set aside, allow to rest for 30 minutes while you make your dough.
- Once your dough is baked, top it evenly with mozzarella cheese, artichoke slices, and the marinade. Finish with freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of grated parmesan (if desired).
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese and crust are nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes before adding fresh basil leaves. Slice and immediately serve.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mix the eggs and coconut flour. A food processor is the best way to go if you like a fluffier crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese. Microwave for 90 seconds, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until well incorporated. The cheese can also be melted together in a double boiler on the stove instead if you would prefer.
- Next, add the melted cheese to the flour mixture. Process in the food processor or knead with your hands until the dough becomes streakless and uniform. If the cheese hardens before it fully mixes, you can microwave it for 10-15 seconds to re-soften everything.
- Spread the dough onto the lined baking pan or pizza peel to 1/4″ or 1/3″ thickness, using your hands or a rolling pin over a piece of parchment paper. Use a fork to put holes through the crust and prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Poke more holes in any places where you see bubbles forming. Bake for another 6 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden. The crust will go back in the oven later with your toppings so be sure the crust isn’t too dark or it will burn later.
- Leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the oven the frozen pizza leftovers until nice and crispy.
- This crust can also be made with almond flour. Use 1 egg instead of 2 and use 3/4 cup almond flour instead of coconut flour.
- If you like your cheese brown, put your pizza under the broiler for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- You can always add other toppings to this pizza as well. Like all recipes, feel free to make it your own.
Love this blog? Click here to read more!
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm