Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and Couscous Recipe
Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and Couscous
Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and Couscous is quick, easy and uber healthy. This nutrient-packed meal is sure to become one of your favorite go-to options for those nights when you just don’t feel like cooking. It is also very easy to play around with. Try it with spinach instead of Swiss chard, or substitute almonds instead of pine nuts, or currants instead of raisins. However you prepare it, it’s sure to be a hit.
Preparation time: 25 minutes | Serves 4
- Lundberg Organic Roasted Brown Rice Couscous
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (coconut or olive may be used)
- Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced) – we used 2
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (8 hour soak, 2 hours to cook)
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare couscous according to directions on box.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a large skillet, over low heat. Shake the pan frequently, until nuts are golden (approx. 3 to 4 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide among individual plates. Top with the chard and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Enjoy your deliciously healthy Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and Couscous
Want to take control of your health? It all starts HERE!
Everyone knows that a healthy lifestyle is the key to a solid immune system, but how do we achieve that? Developed by the nation’s leading functional and lifestyle medicine doctors this 60-day online curriculum will restore a weakened immune system and strengthen your ability to ward off the Coronavirus. Over the course of the next 60 days you will receive continuous practical modules along with virtual health coaching from the Pure Center of Health’s leading health coach Kristen Stensland. Kristen will come along side you in a step by step process to strengthen your immune system so that you are able to maintain your health during these uncertain times.
Come view the Jump Smart program and take control of your health, today!
Pure Center of Health offers naturopathic and functional wellness programs to get to the root cause, empower healing, and restore hope. Stop chasing your symptoms in circles. Learn more about Pure Center of Health >>
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm