Spicy Bean Cakes Recipe
Spicy Chili Bean Cakes
Just when you thought summer couldn’t get any hotter, this recipe lands in your inbox. The perfect combination of spice and tang, these chili bean cakes drizzled with lime chili sauce will be the hit of any outdoor gathering. They’re so robust with flavor and meaty texture that you might just convince a few meat-eaters to shift to a plant-based diet!
Lime Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream (plain yogurt of any type can be subbed here)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 TBSP safflower or avocado oil
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional, can adjust amount for personal preference)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups raw sweet potato, grated
- 1 egg or egg-substitute (Just Egg), lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain dried gluten-free bread crumbs
Turn on oven broiler with rack on second slot (about 4-6 inches from broiler).
- Mix sour cream, chili powder, lime juice, minced jalapeno, and salt together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 T of oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic, scallions and jalapenos until softened, about 1 minute.
- Place beans in a large bowl and roughly mash with a fork or potato masher, leave some chunks.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and spices (oregano, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper).
- Mix in sweet potatoes, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Form 8 patties.
- Place bean patties on baking sheet, and broil 8 to 10 minutes. Turn cakes over, and broil until crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with lime chili sauce.
Join us as we REVITALIZE OUR HEALTH this fall with our 60 day reset program! It is well known that a healthy lifestyle is the key to achieving our goals! The question is HOW do we achieve this and HOW do we maintain our healthy lifestyle in a very modern world? Developed by the nation’s leading functional and lifestyle medicine doctors this 60-day fall reset will transform the foundation to your health! During our 60 day program you will receive continuous practical modules along with virtual health coaching from the Pure Center of Health’s leading health coach Kristen Stensland. Kristen will come along side you in a step by step process to revitalize your health!
Here is what you can do to take the next steps: If you want more detailed information you can click the following link for all the nuts and bolts! https://purehomeopathy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/PCH-Guide-60-Day.pdf.
You can schedule a complementary consult with Kristen herself to learn more. Click here to schedule that free call! https://calendly.com/purecenterofhealth/health_coaching?month=2021-07
Pure Center of Health offers naturopathic and functional wellness programs to get to the root cause, empower healing, and restore hope. Stop chasing your symptoms in circles. Learn more about Pure Center of Health >>
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm